- How do I choose an appropriate product for my promotion? ▾
- Initial considerations must include finding products which suit your promotion type and which would be appropriate for your target audience. Are you organising promo gear for a sporting event? If so, you may like to consider water bottles, towels, pedometers, cool dry t-shirts and other products which have relevance and practical application for the participants.
If your event has more of a corporate focus, you may like to contemplate items such as compendiums, desk products, stationery, mugs and comparable products which are suitable for an office environment.
If you would like assistance compiling ideas, please contact us and we’ll be happy to assist you with some recommendations.
- How do I view the range of products available? ▾
- A great place to start compiling your ideas is to have a browse through our website (keeping in mind we only have a selection of more popular products featured and there are many more options available!), also please visit our links page to peruse the online catalogues or alternatively, please contact us and we’ll be happy to provide you with a number of catalogues for you to browse the range of products available.
- How do I place an order? ▾
- After you have obtained a quote and have certified the products fit within your budget, please request an art reference. An art reference is a digital mock up which explains important information such as quantity, price, and decoration placement/colours/details for your order.
This is to clarify details of the order to ensure the final product will be the item you envisioned (please see our return policy). We require this signed and faxed back for our records. Once we have received the signed proof, we consider this as confirmation of your order, and we will proceed with ordering stock and scheduling the order into production. Changes at this stage usually cannot be made to the order, however if you have concerns please contact us as soon as possible.
- Am I limited to the items shown in the catalogues and on the website, or can I customise my order? ▾
- The order options are endless! Our website only shows a small portion of products available, and the majority of catalogues list only the products which are warehoused in Australia (from stock on hand). There are unlimited options of products we can source and develop for you. We have unsurpassed purchasing power with access to over 4,000 industry vendors and more than 700,000 products!
We also have the contacts to create and produce customised, decorated products in China. This system offers you cost effective alternatives, a diverse range and greater flexibility with decoration options.
N.B. Minimum order quantities and increased production times are likely to apply, please contact us for more details.
- What if I’m unsure of the product colour? ▾
- Merchandise colours are replicated as closely as possible on the websites and throughout catalogues. However, actual colours of products may vary slightly. The colours are to be used only as a guide; please contact us if you have specific colour requirements.
- What if I’m unsure of sizing for apparel? ▾
- We supply sizing charts to all apparel on our website. The best way to ensure accurate sizing is to measure a garment which already fits the wearer comfortably and use this measurement to determine the best size. This is done by laying the garment flat on a flat surface. The garment is then measured across the front, side-seam to side-seam, from just a few centimetres below where the sleeve joins the body of the garment. The sizing charts are to be used only as a guide; please contact us if you have specific sizing requirements.
- What is a set up charge, and is it additional? ▾
- A set up charge is the fee which covers the time it takes to set up the decoration for an order. These fees apply with most decoration options available including embroidery, screen printing and laser engraving (however sometimes exceptions can be made for digitally printed items – if in doubt, please talk to us).
For example, with screen printing, preparation to print the job (which includes procedures to set up and clean the print screens) is the most time consuming element of the printing process. The set up costs apply to each job and are the same for printing, irrespective of quantity. This (among other factors) accounts for the substantial difference in cost per item, between printing 25 items as opposed to printing 250 items – since the same cost is distributed among 25 items as the 250 items.
In the majority of quotes we provide to clients, all set up costs are included in the cost per item or are otherwise stated – we do not endorse or utilise the practice of sneaky hidden costs which many companies in this field have been known to employ.
- What is digitalising and how does it relate to embroidery? ▾
- Digitalising is the term applied to preparing a logo to be embroidered. This is the cost to create file which contains the instructions for the sewing machine. These includes codes such as “stop,” “jump,” and “trim” which tell the machine how to move the needle so that your logo is accurately replicated into stitched decoration.
This is a once off fee for each embroidered design – once we have set this up, you are not required to pay that fee for your following orders since we’ll have the digitalised logo on file. If you do change or alter the design, additional fees can or will apply.
- Can I order a mix of different sizes in my shirt/apparel order? ▾
- You can order any sizes you require! We provide the flexibility of offering you the ability to include a mix of sizes in your order.
While we can’t personally offer any recommendations of what sizes most suit your staff’s needs, we are more than happy to assist by providing sizing charts located in most, if not all catalogues (online and hard copy).
These feature the Half Chest measurement, which is simply the measurement from the seam under one arm to the seam under the other arm when the shirt is laid down on a flat surface.
- Can I order a mix of different shirt/apparel styles or colours in my order to be embroidered? ▾
- You certainly can! Different style shirts will be individually priced, however if your order is for 50 shirts, you have the flexibility of ordering 23 of one style/colour and 27 of another style/colour, with the advantage of purchasing the shirts at the 50 quantity price (provided all shirts have the same colour and style logo).
In some cases, limitations may apply – please contact us to enquire about your specific requirements.
- What is the sample policy? ▾
- If you have found a product of particular interest which fits within your budget and you are strongly considering placing an order, we are more than happy to give you peace of mind by providing a blank sample of the product for you to see prior to confirming the order.
We usually try to supply samples from what we have available in our showroom stock, as if we had to order samples, specifically shirts in particular sizes and colours for every client we would run out of room in the office! However we are flexible and if you have a specific request we’ll aim to help you out.
Please keep in mind we can’t really afford to be giving out 50 samples to each and every client at one time, as we would have no samples left in our showroom. We do not charge to provide samples, however if the samples are returned damaged, or if they do not come back – an invoice will be sent to you to cover the cost of the goods.
Pricing and Payment
- Where do I find pricing details? ▾
- Once you have found some items you are interested in, please contact us to request a quote. Please include details such as the items or type of products you are interested in, the quantity you require, and the type of decoration necessary (i.e. does your logo contain one, two or three or more colours? Do you want the item printed in multiple positions?). If you are unsure, please contact us and we’ll be more than happy to guide you through the process.
- Is there a price list available? ▾
- Due to the nature of decoration and the pricing structure of different product quantities, unfortunately there is no complete ‘price list’ available.
Pricing is very dependent on quantity and the type of decoration (one/two colour print or laser engraving) in conjunction, each decoration process has different set up costs which will directly alter the total cost of each product. By providing individual quotes which are customised to your requirements ensures an easy, uncomplicated and more accurate process for you, our client.
- What is the return policy? ▾
- Since all our products are decorated with your details, we cannot accept returns if you change you mind. If you feel your order was processed incorrectly, or if one or more of the products contain a manufacturing defect, please contact us and we will work with you to ensure a harmonious outcome is created. Certainly if the error is on our behalf, we will correct it within the best of our ability.
- What if I am not happy with the final product? ▾
- We stand behind the products we sell and do everything in our power to control the many print, product, and colour variables that can occur during customization. We are committed to delivering a quality product on time and printed according to our customer’s specifications.
At the same time, it is also reasonable to assume, for example, that a flashlight combo carabineer that includes a battery, watch, and compass for only $3.99 each at 200 pieces is not intended for extensive or outdoor use. Unless stated elsewhere, all of the products featured are intended for promotional purposes only. We make our best effort to advise you on quality and try to suggest the best product for every situation, budget, and need. When placing an order, if you are concerned about quality, please do not hesitate to consult with us or to request a sample at any time before or during the order process.
- How do I pay? ▾
- Payment options include via Credit Card, Cheque or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) online. If you wish to pay by Credit Card, we have a document which will need to be filled out and returned (via fax, email, mail or in person). Alternatively, our EFT banking details are on the invoice if you prefer to pay through this method.
Please note, we value your business and confidence in us, therefore we do not sell, share or make any of your personal information available to unauthorised third parties.
- Are there any other charges I should be aware of? ▾
- We do not endorse or utilise the practice of sneaky hidden costs which many companies in this field have been known to employ.We endeavour to clearly state most, if not all costs related to your order on the art reference or via other correspondence prior to the order commencing production.
The exception to this is freight or delivery costs to transport the order once it is complete, since this is dependent on the delivery destination and individual arrangements. If this is of concern, we’ll be happy to provide a quote for freight beforehand.
In some cases, depending on the nature of your order, additional fees may apply. These may include: Rush Service, Specialty Packaging, Additional Print Locations, Additional Colours, Artwork Changes / Modifications (in extreme cases of multiple changes or in most cases where a graphic artist is required to create the logo into Vector Graphic format), Product Upgrades, Less Than Minimum, Cancellations, Changes Made After Authorization & Approval of Order and Split Shipments.
Production & Shipping
- What is the normal production/lead time? ▾
- We generally operate at a production timeframe of approximately 2/3 weeks for local orders (orders which are decorated locally, in Australia); however this is subject to the item being produced. Some products for example, ceramic mugs, or orders of considerable size may have a slightly longer production time – please ask us before placing an order.
During some periods of the year, production may be shorter or slightly longer than originally specified due to demand, however we will ensure we clarify this with you at the time the order is placed to certify the order is complete for your required date.
- What if I need my order sooner (rush order)? ▾
- We will do everything possible to meet your deadlines if you require an order sooner than the standard 2/3 weeks production time. This is subject to the item being produced (some items simply cannot be produced in 4 days!) and this will be beyond our control.
Please be aware that some limitations may restrict the possibilities of producing the order – we endeavour to guide you if the request is unrealistic and simply cannot be met. In these cases, alternative items may need to be considered. N.B. – Rush order surcharges and expedited freight costs may be applied to your final order expenses, however we will strive to keep you informed and aware of the additional fees.
- What happens if a product is back-ordered? ▾
- While every effort is made to ensure there is adequate stock of all products which are ready for decoration, there may be instances where demand exceeds the existing warehoused stock, and a product is not available for a window of time.
In this instance, we will contact you to ensure the revised production time is suitable for your requirements. If it isn’t appropriate, regrettably, arrangements for alternative products may have to be made.
- What if I receive more or less products than I ordered? ▾
- Whilst we strive to guarantee the orders we produce are exactly as requested and of the highest standard, unfortunately in some cases a slight variance may occur in relation to the exact quantity of products ordered.
It’s important to note, that this portion usually only accounts for 5% more or less products than was originally ordered. While this is not routinely considered acceptable, it is a factor to consider due to the nature of decoration on different products. The invoice will reflect the quantity of items supplied.
- What is an express indent and indent order, and how do they differ from a standard order? ▾
- INDENT ORDERS: If you are interested in large quantities (quantities over 250 and upwards – subject to product), placing an indent order is definitely in your best interest, as this is the most economical option. An Indent order is one where the product is made and decorated with your logo off shore (usually in China). To your advantage with this type of order, pricing becomes very economical compared to a similar products produced locally. Also, there is much more flexibility when it comes to decoration options, as decoration which is not usually available (or too expensive) at a local level becomes affordable through the indent service. It is also worth noting, that custom colour products are offered in addition (which are not routinely available on locally produced products). Minimum order quantities usually apply; this will vary depending on the product. Production time is approx 10 -14 weeks (subject to change depending on the decoration, product used and the demand at any point in time).
EXPRESS INDENT ORDERS: Similar to standard indent orders, the product is made and decorated off shore. The same wide range of decoration, with the added benefit of great prices applies for these orders, with the difference being, the order is then air freighted back to Australia (in comparison with a standard indent order when the order is sent via sea freight. Sea freight is more economical, however increases the lead time quite dramatically). Minimum order quantities usually apply; this will vary depending on the product. Production time is approx 4/6 weeks (subject to change depending on the decoration, product used and the demand at any point in time).
LOCAL/STANDARD ORDERS: This is the ‘standard’ order, are when products from blank stock held locally, are decorated in Australia via embroidery, screen printing, laser engraving (etc). The advantage of these orders is that production time is shorter than Indent orders – approximately 2/3 weeks (subject to change depending on the decoration, product used and the demand at any point in time). These orders do rely upon local stock held in warehouses, so every effort is made to ensure stock is available, in some cases the demand for certain items is higher than expected; therefore the product is unavailable for a short period of time.
- Is freight included? What is the cost of freight? ▾
- Freight or delivery costs to transport the order once it is complete are usually calculated independently to the quoted cost per item, since this is dependent on the delivery destination and individual arrangements. If this is of concern, we’ll be happy to provide a quote for freight beforehand. Each project will be handled on a case by case basis.
Generally our preferred courier is Fastway Courier, which we find to be an economical, fast and efficient service. For orders of large volume or where large freight costs are likely to occur, we do asses other freight companies to verify an economical service.
Alternatively, you are most welcome to organise alternate arrangements via your courier service or otherwise.
- How do I know the print colour is the same as our old promo items? What is PMS colour? ▾
- Interpretations of specific colours shades can vary between individuals, so to ensure colours are accurately reproduced, we offer the Pantone Matching System (PMS) to make ordering easier and stress free. The pantone matching system assigns number codes to ink colours, allowing you to ensure that the printer who printed your old promotional items and Hunter Promotional Products, who are printing your new promotional items, use the SAME colour shade on all items, so things are consistent with your brand.
These colour values should be included in your artwork files. If a PMS colour is not provided, a colour will be assigned by your account representative at his or her discretion. Hunter Promotional Products cannot be held responsible for any misrepresentation of colours due to the difference in monitors or if the customer is unhappy with the colour printed but did not indicate a valid PMS colour prior to authorizing the final order.
PMS colour matches are available on most printed items upon request. Please contact us for more details.
- Why does the colour look different on my screen to the actual printed item? ▾
- Please note that all monitors display colours differently. Due to technological differences, an LCD/flat panel monitor may display colours differently on screen than a CRT/tube monitor.
Therefore, what you view on your screen may not be an exact representation of what is printed on the final order. Whenever imprint colour is of concern, we STRONGLY suggest providing your own PMS colour.
- What file format should I send artwork in? ▾
- Vector artwork such Adobe Illustrator (.AI or .EPS), Corel Draw (.CDR) is preferred. We request that any text/type be converted to outlines (curves) before sending. High quality/high resolution files such as Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) may also be acceptable.
Depending on the size and quality of the image and the decoration method, we may or may not be able to use images or logos created or included in Microsoft Word (.DOC), PowerPoint (.PPT) and also low resolution/quality files such as .JPEG, .GIF, or. BMP. These are guidelines only and not all files submitted with these extensions are guaranteed to work. Each project will be handled on a case by case basis.
- What is the difference between a bitmap file (jpeg, tiff etc) and a vector file (ai, eps)? ▾
- Bitmap images are defined by a precisely “mapped” collection of individual dots or pixels of various colours.
Vector (Encapsulated Postscript) files define graphics using mathematical algorithms that allow for scaling and modification without a loss of image resolution. If a person were to scale or increase the size of a bitmap file, the enlarged imaged would appear pixilated, fuzzy, contain jagged edges and simply appear very low resolution and unclear.
For this reason, we recommend using vector artwork for all types printing as vector artwork will produce a sharper imprint with no jagged edges – no matter how big or small the actual design may be when printed.
- How can I contact Hunter Promotional Products directly? ▾
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (07) 3881 0694.
- Terms and Conditions of Sale ▾
- All orders are subject to written acceptance. Orders may not be cancelled once production has begun. Orders cancelled before actual production has begun require written notice. Orders that can be cancelled are subject to charges for all costs of processing and make-ready preparation that may have occurred prior to receipt of cancellation notification.
- Artwork Policy ▾
- Hunter Promotional Products uses art, logos and other materials (Artwork) supplied by our customers to provide products and services. Hunter Promotional Products assumes no responsibility for determining the proper ownership or proper use of the Artwork. Any customer of Hunter Promotional Products represents and warrants to Hunter Promotional Products that he or she has the unrestricted right to use, copy and distribute each copyright, trademark, service mark, trade name, logo, statement, graphic, artwork, name, photograph, portrait, picture or illustration of any person or any other intellectually property in the way it is to be printed on or otherwise applied to the promotional merchandise ordered by the customer. Hunter Promotional Products assumes no responsibility for determining who does or does not have such authority.
By submitting Artwork to Hunter Promotional Products for use on a product, customers shall defend and hold harmless Hunter Promotional Products for the use of any Artwork and for breach of this warranty. Customers shall also indemnify, hold harmless, defend and absolve Hunter Promotional Products, its affiliates and licensors for and against all claims, liabilities and expenses arising out of or related to any actual or alleged infringement or misappropriation of any copyright, trademark, logo or other proprietary rights or merchandise. This directive will remain in effect after delivery of the product or service.
Hunter Promotional Products reserves the right to refuse to provide product or service when it is determined that the Artwork does not meet Hunter Promotional Products standards.
- Site notes ▾
- The artwork, designs and trademarks shown on products on this site are examples of the type and quality of product identification available. They are not intended to represent endorsement by – or production for – the owners of the artwork, designs or trademarks. The illustrations are not meant to be advertisements. Items as pictured with identifications are not for sale to anyone other than the parties expressly authorized by the owners of the trademarks and logo designs. All prices and product details are subject to change without notice.